Night cycling events in 2018
Fri 20 April 2018
Here's a list of all the organised and semi-organised overnight rides I know about in 2018. Most of these you just turn up and ride, and join hundreds or even thousands of other people all cycling in the same direction under a moonlit sky.
Check the pages of each for advice before going, so you know what to expect and what preparation you ought to do. All these rides start on a Saturday evening.
Why might you want to do it? It's a wonderful social event where no one needs to hurry, the atmosphere is fantastic, and you get to watch the dawn. Read this about 25 years of the Dunwich Dynamo.
- 19-20 May, Glasgow, 31 or 62 miles
- 9-10 June, London, 31 or 62 miles
- 14-15 July, Liverpool, 31 or 62 miles
This is a supported charity ride.
- 16-17 June 2018, Oxford to Avon Beach, Christchurch, 95 miles
Ride to the Sun
- 23-24 June 2018, Carlile to Edinburgh, 100 miles
- 23-24 June 2018, Cambridge to Lowestoft, 100 miles
Sheffield to Cleethorpes Night Ride
- 30 June-1 July 2018, Sheffield to Cleethorpes, ≥74 miles
- 21-22 July 2018, a loop starting and ending in Plymouth, 100 miles
- 28-29 July 2018, London Fields to Dunwich, 120 miles
- 25-26 August 2018, Bath to Exmouth, 100 miles