A new year! What to do?
Here's a brief list of things I hope to do to Make Things Better this year:
- Improve the crowdsourcing aspects of In Collision With.
- Campaign for better cycle infrastructure and safety in Oxford(shire), including:
- Meeting with a representative of Thames Valley Police's roads policing team.
- Getting Oxfordshire County Council to enact a Traffic Regulation Order to make the mandatory cycle lanes on the Woodstock and Oakthorpe Roads enforceable.
- Produce a wiki page for the Cycling Embassy of Great Britain about snow and ice treatments for cycle infrastructure, following this Twitter thread.
- Better support Save Brackley Library in protecting library services in Northamptonshire.
- Endeavour to create or discover a working environment in which I feel that I'm effecting positive change and making progress. This has been rather missing over the last 6-12 months, and it's not going to be particularly beneficial to me or the organisation if it doesn't get better.
Updated 25 January: I'm starting a new job with mySociety on the 26th of February!
- Attend Restore's Mental Health First Aid training.
- Play with setting up a (technically Not A Service) Mastodon instance for the University as a collaborative space away from Twitter. I'd also like to deploy this PR so that users can make uni-only posts while still being connected to the federated community.
Updated 25 January: This isn't going to happen now, as I'm leaving the University.
- Add comments to this blog. (An "easy" one!)
Updated 18 January: [Done!]
Updated 13 January 2021: Undone! (new blog platform)
- Learn to knit?
I'll try to update this page as I go. If you're wondering how I'm getting along with any of these, please hassle me!